From Vision to Reality
Join in the conversation about design thinking in education with Kim on twitter @kimsaxe
At Nueva's world-renowned Innovation Lab (I-Lab), created in partnership with IDEO and Stanford's d.school, hundreds of visitors from around the world have asked, "How can we implement Design Thinking in our schools?"
For five years, we have pioneered the teaching of design thinking to students. We are experts at creating hands-on, project-based, design thinking curricula. Come learn from experienced educators how to implement a similar program at your school.
This institute will enable you and your teams to efficiently create projects that will foster your students' Design Thinking skills, preparing them for the future..
First, you will experience Design Thinking in action through an introductory, hands-on activity. Then, you'll move into an extended real-life project, going into each aspect of the Design Thinking process in depth.
We've set aside three half-day blocks of time for you to hear about successful projects from different subject areas and grades. Then, you will have time and guidance to create curriculum that also teaches Design Thinking.
- appreciation for the important mindsets underlying Design Thinking
- deep knowledge of the process of Design Thinking
- opportunity to talk with teachers about projects that they have created and taught
- plans to make your vision a reality
- ways Design Thinking can improve other aspects of your school
- tips to bring your community and Board along
- understanding of why Design Thinking is important